GOOD EARTH’s VISION is to be the preferred East African safari company by investing our energy and resources into the people that embody the ‘Good Earth Ecosystem’.
Good Earth takes pride in being among the best and most ethically-responsible tour operators in East Africa. In order to support that vision, we believe it is essential to connect as many of the elements that make an outstanding safari adventure to our clients as is possible.
What is the Good Earth Ecosystem?
We see our ecosystem as the inter-connected parts of our company and the world around us that impact the lives of the people we work with, where we work and the guests who visit us. This includes…
At Good Earth we know a safari is more than the fantastic collection of wild animals that live here in East Africa, rather its the impact of various inter-connected parts that make an amazing safari experience possible for our guests.
Our Employees & Their Families
- We value our employees’ opinions and get them involved in many aspects of our business.
- We provide financial assistance for family emergencies and health care.
- Upon reaching retirement age or due to family commitments, we make every effort to provide part-time work options for our employees.
The Working Environment
We provide a safe, clean and respectful working environment for all our employees.
Education & Training
We sponsor advanced training and certifications for our safari guides so they can offer our visitors an enriching interactive experience.
Our Safari Equipment
- Because safety and reliability are critical we provide our clients with well-equipped custom Toyota Land Cruiser vehicles.
- Each of our safari vehicles is assigned to a specific guide permanently in order to foster a personal commitment to the care and maintenance of the vehicle.
- We operate our own vehicle maintenance shop to ensure the regular professional maintenance of our safari vehicles.
The Natural Environment
- We advocate stewardship of Mother Nature by reducing our carbon footprint.
- We avoid crowding and stressing animals when on game drives.
- We also help raise money for the National Geographic Build a Boma project which helps protect livestock from predators and reduce animal killing from retaliating owners.
We are involved in our community with multiple projects, such as building washrooms for a local school in the Kilimanjaro region and sponsoring children to attend school.
Good Earth Tours is a family-owned company with offices in Tanzania, the USA and Canada. It was created to make a difference in the lives of the people we work with in the East African tourism industry.
Travelers have a great many choices when looking for an outstanding Safari. It means understanding what areas to visit, accommodation options, food experiences, optimal group sizes, what time of the year to visit and who will be guiding them.
By creating a professional, supportive and socially responsible working environment for our employees, they are motivated and focused on the quality and value of the safari experience we design for our guests.