Lemosho Route & Itinerary
Trip Summary: 7 days on the Mountain
|Day 1||Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport, transfer to accommodation in Arusha; Planet Lodge|
|Day 2||After breakfast, we drive to the Londorosi gate for a few minutes of registration and other formalities. The 4WD will take you further up to Lemosho Glades, after which you will walk for about 4 hours to Mti Mkubwa Campsite (9,200 ft) for dinner and overnight at the camp ~ B, L, D|
|Day 3||After breakfast, we leave for Shira Plateau (11,550 ft), walking through the moorland’s steepening track. Dinner and overnight at Shira I Camp ~ B, L, D|
|Day 4||Today we continue to hike across the high desert to Shira II Camp (12,220 ft), with significant acclimatization effect as we go up the mountain ~ B, L, D|
|Day 5||After breakfast, we leave for Barranco Camp (13,100 ft) and spend the night there ~ B, L, D|
|Day 6||After breakfast, we leave for Barafu Camp (14,910 ft). We pass through the last water drop at Karanga Valley on the way up. Overnight at Barafu Camp ~ B, L, D|
|Day 7||Wake up at midnight and after a small snack, ascend to Uhuru Peak through the Stella Point (18,640 ft). After reaching the summit, we will head down to Mweka Camp (10,100 ft) for dinner and overnight ~ B, L, D|
|Day 8||After breakfast, we head down to Mweka Gate with a lunch packet where a vehicle waiting will take you to Planet Lodge ~ B, L|
|Day 9||Transfer to the airport for your return flight ~ B|
|Route waypoints||Time (approx)|
|Londorosi – Mti Mkubwa Campsite||3 – 4 hrs|
|Mti Mkubwa Campsite – Shira I Camp||5 – 6 hrs|
|Shira I Camp – Shira II Camp||4 – 6 hrs|
|Shira II Camp – Barranco Camp||6 – 7 hrs|
|Barranco Camp – Barafu Camp||6 – 7 hrs|
|Barafu Camp – Uhuru Peak||6 – 8 hrs|
|Mweka Camp – Mweka Gate||3 – 4 hrs|
|Item / Years||2017||2018|
|Prices (in USD)||$ 2,610||$ 2,700|
|Cost for adding an extra day on trek||$ 270||$ 270|
|Dates: every week except in April and May; some restrictions may apply|
For guests who prefer to arrive a day earlier, we recommend a day trip to Arusha National Park for a game drive and hiking for the extra cost of $230/person, including the additional hotel night in Arusha.
- Arrival and Departure Kilimanjaro airport (JRO) transfers to//from Arusha [For those who arrive/depart from Nairobi, we include schedule shuttle bus transfer, available at 8AM and 2PM daily]
- Transport from the hotel in Arusha to the mountain and back to the Hotel.
- Kilimanjaro national park permits, camping/hut fees, mountain rescue fees, value added tax (VAT), and all other applicable local government taxes/fees
- Services of Guide, assistant guides, cook and porters
- Maximum of 10 climbers (unless stated otherwise)
- Accommodation in a lodge in Arusha at Arusha Planet Lodge for 2 nights (before & after the climb), including breakfast and taxes
- Meals on the mountain
- Drinking water: Boiled water on the trek (recommended to bring a filter/filtrating tablets), and bottled water on the safari.
- Sleeping pad
- Dining tent, tables, chairs
- Bottled oxygen for emergency rescue only
- Items of personal nature
- Climbing gears (most of them can be rented on arrival; we recommend you email the list of items you think you may consider renting)
- Tips to the climbing crew
- Medical equipment which can be rented well in advance for the following costs: $250/group for hyperbaric chamber, $210/group for an emergency oxygen cylinder and $140/group for a stretcher. Please note these prices include a porter to carry the equipment.
- Portable toilets: If you are concerned about using public toilets, a portable toilet is available for an extra $110/person or $180/group. This service must be confirmed at the time of booking.
- The pack that the porters carry is limited to 35 pounds (i.e. 15kgs)
- Overweight or extra luggage will require an extra porter at a rate of $10/bag/day
- You can leave extra luggage at your hotel in Arusha or at our office (do not leave any valuables like cash, jewelry, electronics, etc) make sure you get a receipt for that
- *If you wanted to arrive a day earlier so as to have time to acclimate/get over jet lag before starting the trek, you can do that, and extra cost will be cost for hotel in Arusha, which are $95 for a single room, and $116 for a double room, including breakfast
- *If you add that day, instead of just staying at the hotel, we can offer you a day trip safari to the nearby Arusha National Park for game drives safari for $170pp (plus $35pp if you want to do hiking there).